Men’s shirt for infant kangaroo care Medbest “ENIO”
COMFORTABLE DESIGN, PROVIDES STABLE POSITION TO THE INFANT AND ALLOWS FOR SKIN-TO-SKIN CONTACT
Kangaroo care – a method based on placing the baby on the parent’s chest to provide it with skin-to-skin contact. Officially recommended by WHO since 2003. Very popular in Poland and abroad. Nowadays it is advisable to provide kangaroo care to all babies, not just those born prematurely.
MEN’S SHIRT FOR INFANT KANGAROO CARE MEDBEST "ENIO"
Parents who provide kangaroo care find it easier to communicate with their baby and read the signals it uses.
It strengthens the bond with the baby and facilitates its psychomotor development.
It significantly helps to start breastfeeding and allows to prolong the exclusive breastfeeding period.
Stabilises the baby’s physiological parameters (body temperature, glucose level, saturation, breath rate).
In case of children born prematurely (past the 28th week of pregnancy), constant kangaroo care eases the pain and reduces the hospital stay (on average by half).
In case of children born through C-section, skin-to-skin contact facilitates the adoption of parental microbiota, which improves the baby’s endurance and reduces the risk of developing allergies later on.
In any case, kangaroo care establishes strong family bonds. For a father, it is a wonderful experience, one which helps him overcome the fear of touching the baby, evokes protectiveness and tenderness, and has a strong impact on their future relations.
BENEFITS OF MEN’S KANGAROO SHIRT MEDBEST "ENIO"
• it helps maintain the baby in a stable, secure position - the baby’s ear touches the adult’s chest at heart level.
• side holes for arms and legs allow the baby to assume a proper physiological position for his or her hip joints
• it increases the parents’ sensitivity to the signals sent by the baby
• it is comfortable, easy to put on, can be combined with a nursing bra
• one size: a simple design and adjustable ties, can be fitted to any male body type
• it allows the father to assume various positions: lay down, sit, even stand or walk (in case of the final two options he needs to support the baby with his arm), and the baby remains in a proper position through it all
• the wearer is free to move, read, watch TV or do anything else - which matters when kangaroo care is being provided over long periods of time
• it synchronises the body temperatures of the baby and the parent
• it is made in Poland from locally manufactured cotton fabric
• Caution!!! A kangaroo shirt is NOT a sling – do not use it to transport the baby • if it’s cold in the room, dress the baby in socks and a cap • the point of kangaroo care is skin-to-skin contact – do not wear the kangaroo shirt over regular clothes; if you’re cold, cover yourself with a blanket • kangaroo care is not limited to the baby’s parents - other relatives and friends may help out
Short-sleeved body made in Poland from 100% certified cotton (OEKO-Tex Standard 100).
Body is part of the White Classic set, which should be part of the first layette of a newborn! The child’s skin will love this unique cotton, which will wrap it like a delicate cloud. Fastened with snaps.